The wait is finally over! We are delighted to provide you with an update that we have finalised our planning for the commencement of the 2021-22 season. It’s going to look a little different to normal, reflecting the current and evolving NSW restrictions, and the extended lock down period which has impacted our children’s fitness and confidence levels. But we are excited about kicking off the season and the opportunity to try some new things. Please read the below information carefully, but also be aware that these plans are subject to change.
– Little Athlete Registrations are open. Sign up to HDLAC HERE
– Group Training will commence from Monday 1st November. All 16+ participants must be double vaccinated. For Under 16s, the attending parent/guardian must also be double vaccinated. At this stage there is no requirement for Under 16s to be vaccinated.
– From Saturday 6th November to Saturday 27th November inclusive, in place of a normal competition program, we will provide small group coaching to help build our little athletes fitness, skill development and confidence in a fun and safe environment. This is recommended for all athletes as part of the standard season and will cater for Tiny Tots to U17s. You will be asked for your time slot preference when you register for Little Athletics membership with the options being 8:00am-9:30am or 9:45am-11:15am, and subject to availability depending on demand and the participation caps determined by NSW Health. To ensure you can access the time slot of your choice, register early!
– On Friday 12th and 26th November we expect to hold Friendly Friday evenings for our Little Athletes and Masters Athletes from 5:30pm. More information to follow on these programs and subject to council booking approval.
– From Saturday 4th December our program will return to ‘normal’ for the remainder of the season, including our SOPAC day on 18th December, and many other fun events from January to the end of March.