LANSW Rules of Competition
(The grey shaded areas throughout the document indicate Little Athletics Australia Standard Rules).
- Section A – Competition General Rules
- Section B – Track Events
- Section C – Field Events updated
- Section D – Competitions
- Section E - Event & Specifications
- Section F – Para Athletes Championship Competition
To view the Little Athletics Australia Standard Rules, click HERE.
To view the IAAF – Rules & Regulations, please click HERE.
To view the IPC Athletics – Rules & Regulations 2016-2017 click HERE.
Code of Conduct
Little Athletics NSW believes that young people involved in sport have a right to participate in a safe and supportive environment. Over-zealous parents and adults, and ill-tempered, disrespectful athletes, sometimes need to be reminded of appropriate standards of behaviour for Little Athletics.
Little Athletics is a community activity, which utilises athletics to help foster the development of Australia’s children, and as such, endorses and applies the following Codes of Conduct.
Conditions of Venue Entry
Click HERE to download a copy of the Conditions of Venue Entry for Little Athletics facilities.
These Behavioural Guidelines aim to give everyone a guide to what is expected of them if they are part of Little Athletics, be it participating, volunteering or standing on the sideline cheering for their child, relative or friend. The guidelines set down what is an acceptable standard of conduct and behaviour and reflect the principles upon which Little Athletics is based.
Acceptance of, and compliance with these guidelines will ensure that Little Athletes will develop good sporting behaviours and be an enjoyable sporting experience, encouraging them to remain involved in sport or otherwise be active throughout their lives.
We ask that everyone take the time to read the guidelines and make a personal commitment to always behave in accordance with the principles contained therein.
Little Athletics Australia Standard Events and Specifications
Note: Australian Best Performance cannot be claimed when an event is classified as a Trial Event or Modified Trial Event. If the event or modification is adopted as standard by LAA, retrospective claims can be submitted for ratification.
LAA RULE 600 STANDARD EVENTS
1. That Australian Little Athletics shall determine a list of standard events for the Under 9 to Under 15 age groups. Such events and their specifications shall be listed in this document as Table 1 and must be offered by all Affiliated Associations in their Association Championship(s).
2. That Australian Little Athletics shall determine a list of recommended Standard Events and Specifications for the Under 6 to Under 8 age groups and a list of events that must not be offered for those age groups at any level of competition. Such events and their specifications shall be listed in this document as Table 2 and Table 3.
3. Associations may, at their discretion, conduct additional events at State Championships or at any other level so long as they do not contradict what is listed in the Standard Events – Table 1
4. Events deemed inappropriate for inclusion at all levels of competition by all affiliated Associations:
All events over 8km
All events, Track or Field, which are listed as not allowed at any level of competition in Table 1- Standard Events