LANSW Rules of Competition
(The grey shaded areas throughout the document indicate Little Athletics Australia Standard Rules).
- Section A – Competition General Rules
- Section B – Track Events
- Section C – Field Events
- Section D – Competitions
- Section E – Event & Specifications
- Section F – Para Athletes Championship Competition
To view the Little Athletics Australia Standard Rules, click HERE.
To view the IAAF – Rules & Regulations, please click HERE.
To view the Para Athletics – Rules & Regulations 2018-2019 click HERE.
Code of Conduct
Little Athletics NSW believes that young people involved in sport have a right to participate in a safe and supportive environment. Over-zealous parents and adults, and ill-tempered, disrespectful athletes, sometimes need to be reminded of appropriate standards of behaviour for Little Athletics.
The Code provides everyone with a guide as to what is expected of them.
Please ensure you are familiar with, supportive of and compliant with our Codes of Conduct
Conditions of Venue Entry
Click HERE to download a copy of the Conditions of Venue Entry for Little Athletics facilities.
Little Athletics Australia Standard Events and Specifications
Note: Australian Best Performance cannot be claimed when an event is classified as a Trial Event or Modified Trial Event. If the event or modification is adopted as standard by LAA, retrospective claims can be submitted for ratification.
LAA RULE 600 STANDARD EVENTS
1. That Australian Little Athletics shall determine a list of standard events for the Under 9 to Under 15 age groups. Such events and their specifications shall be listed in this document as Table 1 and must be offered by all Affiliated Associations in their Association Championship(s).
2. That Australian Little Athletics shall determine a list of recommended Standard Events and Specifications for the Under 6 to Under 8 age groups and a list of events that must not be offered for those age groups at any level of competition. Such events and their specifications shall be listed in this document as Table 2 and Table 3.
3. Associations may, at their discretion, conduct additional events at State Championships or at any other level so long as they do not contradict what is listed in the Standard Events – Table 1
4. Events deemed inappropriate for inclusion at all levels of competition by all affiliated Associations:
All events over 8km
All events, Track or Field, which are listed as not allowed at any level of competition in Table 1- Standard Events