Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Weekly competition resumes this Saturday
From Saturday 4th December, our weekly competition will all members combined will recommence. Families should arrive at 7:45am, with the group warm up commencing at 8am.
On Saturday 18th December we hold our Christmas Special event at Sydney Olympic Park Warm up Arena. Entries opening soon.
Zone nominations will be due by Sunday 12th December. More information is available here. Zone is a great opportunity to represent your club and participate on the Tartan Track at Narrabeen. We encourage all our athletes from U7 up to come and have a go. Nomination form opening soon.
Tuesday, 2 November 2021
2021-22 Season is UNDERWAY
Our season is now underway, with Group Training on Monday and Thursday afternoons, and Saturday morning Little Athletics events from the 6th November.
Little Athletes (Age 3-16) can register here. Senior & Masters athletes (Age 17+) can register here. If you aren’t sure which membership type best suits you, check out our Handy Guide here.
Our Little Athletics program will be a somewhat different in November, with all athletes receiving specific event coaching from our coaching team so they can learn and refresh their skills.
In line with NSW Health guidelines, all 16+ must be double vaccinated and check in/proof of vaccination will be required upon arrival. Our covid safe plan can be found here.
2 week trials are available, please contact Registrar@hdlac.org.au for information.
We can’t wait to see you at Ern Holmes Oval soon!
Thursday, 30 September 2021
Registration opens Monday 11th October 2021
The wait is finally over! We are delighted to provide you with an update that we have finalised our planning for the commencement of the 2021-22 season. It’s going to look a little different to normal, reflecting the current and evolving NSW restrictions, and the extended lock down period which has impacted our children’s fitness and confidence levels. But we are excited about kicking off the season and the opportunity to try some new things. Please read the below information carefully, but also be aware that these plans are subject to change.
– Little Athlete Registrations are open. Sign up to HDLAC HERE
– Group Training will commence from Monday 1st November. All 16+ participants must be double vaccinated. For Under 16s, the attending parent/guardian must also be double vaccinated. At this stage there is no requirement for Under 16s to be vaccinated.
– From Saturday 6th November to Saturday 27th November inclusive, in place of a normal competition program, we will provide small group coaching to help build our little athletes fitness, skill development and confidence in a fun and safe environment. This is recommended for all athletes as part of the standard season and will cater for Tiny Tots to U17s. You will be asked for your time slot preference when you register for Little Athletics membership with the options being 8:00am-9:30am or 9:45am-11:15am, and subject to availability depending on demand and the participation caps determined by NSW Health. To ensure you can access the time slot of your choice, register early!
– On Friday 12th and 26th November we expect to hold Friendly Friday evenings for our Little Athletes and Masters Athletes from 5:30pm. More information to follow on these programs and subject to council booking approval.
– From Saturday 4th December our program will return to ‘normal’ for the remainder of the season, including our SOPAC day on 18th December, and many other fun events from January to the end of March.
Sunday, 29 August 2021
Season on hold. Register your interest to be notified of registration opening and training resuming.
Our normal season start date will be delayed whilst we wait for NSW Restrictions to ease. If you are new to Hornsby District Athletics, please complete our online form and we will be in touch as soon as we have some further information on a start date. Athletes who were registered last season will be notified directly.
We will be posting some virtual challenges, training recommendations and heaps of information on our facebook page over the coming weeks. Our summer season runs until April 2022 and we continue throughout winter, so we still expect to be able to get everyone together soon and can’t wait to get back to the track.
Sunday, 25 July 2021
Training and Events currently on hold. Summer Season registration opens in August
Unfortunately all winter training and events are on hold until NSW restrictions are lifted. We are working towards a Summer Season start date of 18th September with Little Athletics registrations opening on 30 August, and Senior/Masters registration opens late September. Watch this space and our facebook page for any further information.