STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS will be held at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre on the 14 & 15 March 2020
STATE QUALIFIERS 2020
- 1st placed relay teams from each of the 8 Regions automatically progress to the State Champs. They are not included in the qualifiers by centre above, but will be in the finalised full program.
- The State Track & Field Championships will have up to 24 competitors in every individual event.
- The 24 competitors have been determined as follows:
Automatic Qualifiers (up to 16 competitors across the eight Regions)
- First and second place from each of the eight Regions (see Note 1 below regarding qualifying times/performances)
Additional Performance Based Qualifiers
- Up to eight additional competitors from across all Regions.
To determine the additional performance based qualifiers, all athletes (from finals) after the automatic qualifiers, across all Regions, will be collated and the best eight determined. Where there were equal performances for the 8th position, all athletes on that equal performance will be excluded (ie. Some events may have less than eight additional competitors).
Note 1: There are qualifying standards for the 1500m Walk; the 3000m run (as per Rules of Competition, Section D) and for High Jump (athletes must have cleared the State Championships starting height for their relevant age group, at their Region Championships to progress. The starting heights can be found in the Rules of Competition. Athletes who cannot achieve the required time/height at the Region Championships, irrespective of placings (including auto qualifiers), will not be considered for progression to the State Track & Field Championships.
For more information click HERE